Monday 4 June 2018

Country 49 coming up...

I've been having holiday withdrawal symptoms. I've been back from Australia for nearly two months now without leaving the country. We booked to go to Croatia back in March (bold after only being together for about a month) and it's come around so quick.


Croatia has always been on my list of places to travel to. I always assumed I would end up doing one of the sailing trips around all the islands. I nearly booked a boat trip last year but I decided to book a slightly larger boat trip instead, the Royal Caribbean cruise.


I've seen many gorgeous pictures of Croatia on Istagram. Lots of turquoise seas and cute pebble beaches. And some amazing looking food dishes, plenty of fresh seafood and locally produced wine.


We decided to ease ourselves in and booked a four night stay at the adorable Villa Pinocchio. This is situation about 7km outside of Split and right on the beach.


I love the idea of having the best of both worlds. Being right on the beach, being able to relax in a quieter seaside resort (I have a feeling it'll be similar to Marina di Pisa) but then being  short bus ride away from both Split and Omis.


I understand parts of Game of Thrones was filmed in Split. The stunning Diocletian's Palace is a famous place where filming took place. I'm not a fan of GoT however I do love surrounding myself in history.


Although I'm a huge planner (there's an itinerary and check list for most things in my life), when I'm actually away I simply love wandering around and taking it all in. There's nothing better than wandering around cobbled streets and people watching under the hot sun.


It's been a busy year so far in my life with the new job, the wonderful new man (whom I can't wait to enjoy our first holiday together) and my pole dance competitions. This break came at the best time. However, me being the fool I am managed to full blown kick my pole during training and I now have soft tissue damage to my foot and I'm hobbling around on crutches.


I'm really hoping a few days rest will do the trick and I'll be fine to wander around those cobbled streets. Otherwise it will be a much more different holiday and I won't want Peter having to do too much for me.


Either way a few days in the heat, enjoying Croatia will be just what the doctor ordered.



No comments:

Post a Comment